Raspberry Pi KVMs compared: TinyPilot and Pi-KVM v3
- If you have regular nightmares about driving 40 miles to push a power button, perhaps you should consider what a Raspberry Pi remote KVM device can do for you.
Abusing Smart Contracts to Steal $600 million: How the Poly Network Hack Actually Happened
- An attacker discovered an exploit in the Poly Network cross-chain integration which allowed him to siphon off over $600 million in funds. Kraken Security Labs broke down how it all happened. Unlike most heists, there’s a happy ending for all parties.
Mental Models: The Best Way to Make Intelligent Decisions (~100 Models Explained)
- Whether you’re navigating professional or personal life, you’ll find others think differently. Not talking opinion, but using entirely different frameworks. Being able to assume these other modes of thought will help you in surprising ways.
Google Cloud still promising Ice Lake Xeon VMs this year
- Google is lagging behind Microsoft, Oracle and Amazon as the tech giants slowly update their data-centers and begin offering their back-office application and Web Hosting services on VMs powered by the new generation of Intel server processors.
Facebook's Outage Shakes Up Conversion and Ad Delivery Numbers
- Facebook is speeding up ad delivery to recoup losses in advertisement revenue after their outage this week. In English, this means they’re showing ads more rapidly, which data shows lowers ad engagement. Best look out.
What Happened to Facebook, Instagram, & WhatsApp? – Krebs on Security
- Details are still scarce concerning Facebook’s prolonged outage this month. It’s currently believed the cause was a bad configuration change which pulled Facebook’s Border Gateway Protocols affecting Facebook’s flagship and ancillary properties.
PCI-Express 6.0 specification only months away • The Register
- The PCI-Special Interest Group is preparing to release its final specification for PCI 6.0 which is reputed to support twice PCIE 5.0’s transfers per second while maintaining backwards compatibility.
Twitch source code, creator earnings exposed in 125GB leak
- Twitch suffered a major breach recently that so far has resulted in a torrent dropped in a new titled “Part One” 4chan including 125 Gb of data including 6000 repositories.