Best Password Manager to use in 2021
- If keeping track of all of your passwords is driving you nuts, you need a password manager. For the technically savvy: use your own bitwarden server. If that’s not an option, checkout this article on the best password managers.
GitHub Actions check-spelling community workflow - GITHUB_TOKEN leakage via advice.txt symlink
- Security alert! GitHub Action’s community workflow spellchecker is exploitable, allowing fulldumps of repo environment variables. Vulnerable assets include temporary tokens, giving attackers all the permissions needed to execute supply-chain attacks.
OpenSSL3.0 Has Been Released!
- Having huge changes, new features, and deprecated APIs, OpenSSL 3.0 will not be backwards compatible. Temporarily, most programs will work correctly despite depreciation warnings - though those APIs will need migration in the future.
Element's latest bridge for Matrix: 'All the good stuff from WhatsApp, without the less good Facebook stuff'
- Like your secret tunnel through the Tech Giant’s gulag walls, Element incorporates WhatsApp into it’s cross-platform Matrix framework, allowing encrypted cross platform communications and interactions.
Everybody makes mistakes when writing comparison functions | by Andrey Karpov | Sep, 2021 | Medium
- PVS-Studio co-founder Andrey Karpov inspected the newly released OpenSSL 3.0.0 using PVS-Studio’s static analyzer, finding the code quality excellent.
He highlighted one error in a comparison function though, a double-fed parameter. Useful looking tool.
Who is Starlink really for?
- With Starlink quickly becoming reality. Expect the media pressure on Elon Musk to escalate. As the rural world gains access to broadband service and remote employment becomes ubiquitous, what motivation remains for urban-centralized tech industries?
MIT-designed project achieves major advance toward fusion energy
- Promising fusion power developments out of MIT recently. The magnetic field projected by its fusion lab’s new high-temperature superconducting tokamak hit the projected size/strength ratio to generate net-positive fusion power.